Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] MagicYUV blocked by Battleye

Page 2 / 3
   RSS

Topic starter

Love the codec and use it all the time with Dxtory. One small issue is that it's now blocked by Battleye. If I try and record Rainbow6 gameplay, in Dxtory I just get the "!INT" warning, and when I drop out the game Battleye is telling me it's blocked MagicYUV.dll from loading. Was wondering if you were working with Battleye to get it unblocked, and if so how long does that kinda thing take?

I got aware of the issue just recently, I'll contact Battleye about it and get back to you.

Awesome. Thanks. Trying to use other codecs but they are rubbish by comparison

Well, I wrote to Battleye on January 22, but no answer so far (except for an automated one with a ticket number). Maybe you should write to them too through their contact form, perhaps the more people rise the issue, the more likely they'll take notice.

38 Answers
Topic starter

Tested today, 5th April, at around 12:50pm UK time. And I'm still getting the same blocked message as well.

Tested on Rainbow 6 as it's the only game I have which runs Battleye.

BattlEye hasn't been responding for 12 days so far, could you do a test again, maybe they actually fixed the issue? If not, then I recommend testing once a day, hopefully it'll get fixed eventually.

Yeah I tested again today and still get the same issue, MAGICYUV.DLL is being blocked.

Same here blocked, as previous posts by myself. 
.dll being blocked.

MagicYUV 40 sadly blocked for me by Battleye playing battlegrounds.

Magic Codec Was working up to yesterday. Only thing that had changed was I updated to windows 10, version 1703

Update: After a little investigation it seems dxtory and the new Windows 10 "Creators Update" was the culprit. I uninstalled Dxtory then reinstalled to the latest Dxtory Version. MagicYUY seems to be working now. 

Sadly not for me, Re-installed DxTory(had the latest version (x.x.142))
And again:
Conan Exiles and Rainbow Six Siege give me errors while trying to record.
Arma 3 and Unturned are working perfectly. 
And yes I have the Windows 10 Creators Update as well.

BatllEye is still not responding since 2 weeks, today is the third time I wrote to them since, I'll try to make it more frequent. It might help as well if all of you having the issues with BattlEye write to them directly as well, that might give a bump to the priority of this issue.

I got a response from BattlEye, they said "It should be fixed already". Could you check if this is the case?

Still nothing, still the same games that give me the problem.

Conan Exiles and Rainbow Six Siege

21 Starting BattlEye Service...

21 Launching game...

21 Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.

21 [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\magicyuv.dll".

To be honest, I'm not sure how BattlEye works. Is it a separate service that is used by all games, and it updates centrally? Or does every game has it's own version of BattlEye? How is it possible that some games work and some don't using the same BattlEye service?

Topic starter

Weird, it's working for me now. I can record with Dxtory and MagixYUV

Well considering it works in some games and not for others it must be game specific, which sucks to be honest.
But then again, the databases of BattlEye should be synced up to each version, especially for Rainbow Six Siege... 

I mean I always re-install MagicYUV (2.0.0rc2) and always have the latest version of DxTory whenever Balázs  says something about it being fixed. So I can rule that problem out.

Yeah very weird. Just tested R6 and was able to record no problem (first time in ages). Will test again tomorrow to confirm

Just was about to ask to try a reinstall of both MagicYUV and Dxtory, but it seems that can be ruled out.

So to sum up DrunkMonk74 has R6 working, while CryCel does not. Maybe the BattlEye update didn't go through yet? Or there is some other difference?

I'm using:
DxTory Version 2.0.142 (re-install each update)
MagicYUV Version 2.0.0rc2 (multiple times re-installed deleted all associated folders with it)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Creators Update

DrunkMonk74, do you also have the "Creators update" (also, Dxtory 2.0.142)? suppy was mentioning a few posts back that he had the issues when he installed this update but it got resolved by a reinstall of Dxtory. Though it seems it didn't help for CryCel then...

Topic starter

Yep I have Windows 10 Creator update installed

I will have to get back into it tomorrow and I'm going to delete the BattlEye folder from Conan Exiles and Rainbow Six Siege,  to then verify the installation files and have it download BattlEye again, so I am 100% certain I have the latest version of it. 

After that I don't know what else to do. 

Topic starter

Ok so they seem to have fixed the codec for me anyway. I can record gameplay. But I can only record if I start the recording before the round starts. If I try and record once the round has started then it seems they've blocked Dxtory's buttons. So I can't press F12 to start the recording.

If I press F12 before the round starts then it will record no problem.

Tried changing Dxtory's button assignment for starting/stopping reocrding to Alt+F9 (to match ShadowPlay as that does work) but still won't allow it.

Don't get any blocked message from Battleye though. So damn weird!

Page 2 / 3