(@cat)
17/12/2016 1:35 am  

I'd just like to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Cat. Thanks for reading. ^.^

ReplyQuote
Cat
 Cat
(@cat)
17/12/2016 1:46 am  

Also, I forgot to say this above, but I really appreciate all you've done on this project and I think it's great. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in, it's definitely one of the best, if not the best, codec I've seen. ūüėÄ

ReplyQuote
Bal√°zs
(@ignus)
MagicYUV Author Admin
17/12/2016 1:53 am  

Hi Cat, welcome to the¬†forums ūüôā

Thanks! Glad I could bring value to your work or whatever you use the codec for!

While we're at it: what do you use it for? ūüôā

ReplyQuote
Cat
 Cat
(@cat)
17/12/2016 2:50 am  

Currently I only use it for "In-game" screen capture through a VFW compatible program, such as Dxtory or MSI Afterburner. However, with all the applicable uses this codec has, I will try to expand my horizon.

ReplyQuote
Bal√°zs
(@ignus)
MagicYUV Author Admin
17/12/2016 3:08 am  

Thanks.

Do you upload to youtube afterwards? If you have the time, could you describe your workflow? Like what resolution you capture at, which codec variant, what do you do post work with and possibly how do you upload to youtube (if you do)?

That would be really helpful for me, so thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
Cat
 Cat
(@cat)
19/12/2016 3:48 am  

I capture at 1080p 60fps and use the regular "RGB" variant. I use Ffmpeg for post-processing, mainly for compression. I currently don't upload anything to YouTube, I just capture raw gameplay and encode in a variety of delivery-ready codecs such as h264 and h265. It's all for research purposes, to gain some experience and to see which settings can give me the best quality to compression ratio. I'm going to get a new PC soon and I'll have the disk I/O speeds to record at 1080p 144fps, so that'll be cool.

ReplyQuote
Bal√°zs
(@ignus)
MagicYUV Author Admin
19/12/2016 7:34 pm  

Thanks.

1080p@144fps RGB is 895 MB/sec, compress that to 2:1/3:1 is around 300-450 MB/sec, but if you go to YUV that can go lower, so an SSD probably should be able to pull that off. With 144fps you can make some super-slow-mo stuff, I saw someone doing it, it's cool.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register