Notifications
Clear all

Corrupted Files over 1TB

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tinychris)
Topic starter  

Every time i am recording with Dxtory using YUV 4:2:0 i end up with a broken index, if the file size reaches over 1TB. Smaller files are always OK and can be read by Vegas/Premiere. Does your Codec have a filesize Limit?

Balázs
(@ignus)
Estimable Member Admin

No, the codec only deals with individual frames, it is not concerned with the resulting file at all (whether it be AVI or something else).

Do you experience this behaviour only with MagicYUV or other codecs as well?

ReplyQuote
(@tinychris)
Topic starter  

I could test it with Lagarith next. I assume it does not matter if i use Median as the setting? I will test it with another codec and report back.

My Harddrive is a Seagate Ironwolf 10TB. It is fast enough to keep up so i don't think that's causing something.

ReplyQuote
Balázs
(@ignus)
Estimable Member Admin

The cause is most likely in the muxing (combining compressed video frames and audio) to avi by dxtory. Either it has problems with file size or number of frames (though I presume the former).

Have you tried using avi index fixers (like divfix or similar) to fix the avi?

ReplyQuote
(@tinychris)
Topic starter  

Divfix just pops up error messages instantly. The only way i always fixed it was using ffmpeg. I copied the Video Stream, then the Audio seperate into new files. Every Stream is the exact same length. Using Mediainfo i can see everything. Just the Windows Index is not there.

ReplyQuote
(@tinychris)
Topic starter  

Update: I recorded again over Night with MagicYUV to get a huge Filesize. This time i recorded with 2 Audiostreams in Dxtory instead of 3. Now at 1TB+ i suddenly have an index. So Dxtory is having trouble with multiple Audio Streams...

ReplyQuote